★ Why do you need to panelize pcb, what are the benefits of doing so?
1. To meet the needs of production. Some PCB boards are too small to meet the requirements of making fixtures, so they need to be put together for production.
2. To improve the soldering efficiency of SMT placement. Only one SMT pass is required to complete the soldering of multiple PCB.
3. Improve cost utilisation. Some PCBs are shaped, and the patchwork can be a more efficient use of PCB area, reduce waste and improving the utilization of costs.
★ How many ways are there to design a pcb panel?
V-CUT is a slot drawn in the joint of two boards, as long as the two boards are put together, leaving a gap between them (usually 0.4mm), but the joint of the boards is thinner in this area and easy to break when putting together the boards you need to merge the edges of the two boards.
V-CUT is generally straight, there will not be curved arcs and other complex alignments, try to be in a straight line when putting together the board.
For irregular PCB boards, such as round ones, V-CUT cannot do the job, and this is when stamp holes are used to make the splice connection, so stamp holes are generally used more often in shaped boards.
The edges of the two panels are joined by a small piece of plate that has many small holes in the joint with the two panels, making it easy to break. When broken, the edge of the board resembles the edge of a postage stamp, hence the name of this type of paneling.
3.Hollow joint strips
Hollow joints are used more often in panels with a half-hole process, where very narrow panels are joined, somewhat similarly to stamp holes, except that the joint is a little narrower and there are no over holes on either side.
The hollow joint has one disadvantage: when the board is broken open, there is a very visible bump. The stamp holes also have a bump, which is not so obvious because they are separated by the over holes.
Some people may think that it would be better to use the stamp holes instead of the hollow joints. This is because when making a module with half holes all around, neither the stamp holes nor the V-CUT can be used and can only be connected at the four corners of the module through hollow strips.
★ What are the principles of paneling?
For ease of production, keep the boards square in shape as much as possible after piecing. In short, do not let the length to width ratio vary too much.
★ Spacing requirements:
1. For PCB where the outermost edge of the component is <3mm from the board edge a process edge must be added, usually with the longer edge as the process edge.
2. A space of >0.5mm should be reserved between the component and the V-CUT to ensure proper tool operation.